B. Lee Jones was a recipient of the prestigious CIO 100 Award for his work in Enterprise Application Integration at Stratex. Lee is a widely published and quoted authority on Enterprise Application architecture/integration, computer and network security, international information technology (IT) management, ISO17799, ISO900, ISO9001, ISOTL900 and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and wireless telecommunications.
Lee has been a successful international technology leader. Lee was President and CEO/CIO at Global Edge Media Corporation and has held senior information technology IT/CIO executive positions at Stratex Networks, Tandem Computers, Sierra Semiconductor Corp., United Technologies Microelectronics Center and Inmos Corporation.
Lee is an Elite Expert for IMS Expert Services and a GLG Scholar-Technology, Media and Telecom Councils and Expert Witness for Gerson Lehrman Group and serves as an IT advisor and contributor to Information Week, CIO Magazine, CIO Insight and several other leading industry publications. Lee and his COB/CEO were featured in State of the CIO 2004. Lee has been a featured CIO speaker at the Stanford GSB High Technology Conference, a featured CIO speaker at the UCLA Anderson School of Management BIT Conference, a featured speaker on CIO Talk Radio and featured in the debut of www.myglobalcareer.com and a featured panelist at the CIO Breakfast Briefing at NGDC. Lee was a featured CIO speaker at the IT Management Conference in NYC. Lee is moderator of a monthly CIO Roundtable in the SF Bay Area.
- Direector, Information Technology - Deputy Assessor, Clerk, Rec
- County of San Mateo - CARE (100 ~ 499)
- October 2013 - Present (5 months)
- The Director of Information Technology is a Deputy-level position and responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Information Technology (IT) division of the Office.
Plan, organize, direct and review the functions and activities of the Business Systems Unit of the Office of the Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder including applications development, enhancement and maintenance, micro-and mini-computer support and data communications support;
Provide highly responsible and complex management and automation support to the Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder;
Establish, monitor, evaluate, and revise Office goals, objectives, policies, and procedures;
Develop and implement plans, objectives, and budget;
Direct a diverse staff of professional, technical, and clerical
personnel through management of supervisory personnel; and
Coordinate assigned activities with other County departments
and outside agencies.
- Founder & CIO
- Integrated Virtual Systems
- May 2007 - September 2013 (6 years 4 months)
- Stanford University
- Advanced Systems Management Other
- 2000 year - 2000 year
- Skills : - Enterprise application integration...monolithic to best-of-breed!
- CIO Leadership in information technology, not just management!
- International information technology (IT) operations...design, deployment and performance!
- ISO, CoBit, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, credibility and consistency!
- Information Technology Expert Witness
- Multi-lingual with extensive and successful multi-national, multi-cultural experience!
- Interests : - Enterprise application integration
- Vintage auto racing
- Wine collecting
- Gourmet cooking, - Languages (human and computer)
- Music (Jazz, classical, opera, Broadway, Oldies R&R)
- Counterfactual Theories of Causation
- Honors :- CIO 100 Award (Enterprise Application Integration)
- Certificate, Advanced Information Systems Management
- Information Week CIO Boot Camp
- Tom Kosnik "Take The Hill Award"