Simon Young discovered social media as a freelance journalist for NZ Marketing Magazine, covering search marketing, email marketing and blogging, as well as the overall marketing mix. In 2004 his NZ Marketing Magazine cover story, Logging into Blogging, gave New Zealand businesses a taste for a new era where anyone can be a creator, consumer or curator of content.
Today his company, sy social media consultancy, teaches organisations how to adapt for the social era - where consumers no longer trust what you say, because you say it. Where they trust what they hear from their friends. Where they know the brand is delivered by its people.
If you're on other Chinese language social networks, I'd love to connect with you. All my China links are at http://simonyoung.co.nz/simon-in-china/
- Director / Connector
- sy-ENGAGE (1 ~ 49)
- September 2007 - Present (6 years 6 months)
- Freelance writer
- NZ Marketing Magazine (1 ~ 49)
- March 2001 - Present (13 years)
- Writing articles about all aspects of marketing, from the mundane (an update on the outdoor advertising industry) to the far-reaching (a layman's explanation of the emerging academic concept of Service-Dominant Logic).
These articles were distributed to managers not only through the magazine, but also through the NZ Institute of Management.
- Creative Instigator
- Simon Young Writers (1 ~ 49)
- February 2001 - November 2009 (8 years 9 months)
- Providing creative copywriting services to clients around the world, as well as assembling a team of copywriters to provide tailored writing to match with client needs.
- Copywriter / Publications Editor
- Rhema Broadcasting Group (50 ~ 99)
- February 1994 - February 2001 (7 years)
- For seven years I wrote radio advertisements for clients, getting to understand their marketing needs and coming up with creative concepts and producing them in the studio to become completed radio ads.
In my last year at RBG I switched to the marketing department and created press releases, direct mail pieces and administered a database.
- Skills : Keynote speaking, Networking, Writing, Blogging, Educating people about the ways business and society is changing in the 21st century.
- Interests :History, Future, Management/Leadership, Travel, Books, Walking, Meeting people, Creating a meeting point for divergent views
- Blog URL:http://www.syengage.com/