Environment and natural resource management (NRM) consultant with 20 years experience implementing over 30 projects and programs. Expertise includes land and catchment planning and management, biodiversity and native vegetation science and management, communications, community engagement and development, project management, knowledge management, research, fire management planning, water and river science and management, and urban NRM.
Specialties: environmental science and management, project and program management, community engagement and development, communications, organisation and event management, and information and knowledge management.
For further information please see http://bruceboyes.info/about/
- Environmental Consultant
- Bruce Boyes consulting (1 ~ 49)
- January 2012 - Present (1 year 11 months)
- Natural resource management (NRM) and environmental consulting (in parallel with Master of Environmental Management study). Projects have included preparation of comprehensive Community Profile Analysis for Sydney Metropolitan Catchment Management Authority (CMA) Catchment Action Plan (CAP) involving research, data analysis, spatial analysis, and report writing and editing.
- Manager International Trade
- Shenzhen NABCO (1 ~ 49)
- April 2012 - May 2013 (1 year 1 month(s))
- Conduct of international liaison, product marketing and sales for Shenzhen NABCO Automatic Door Co. Ltd.
- Program Manager, Hawkesbury-Nepean River Recovery Program
- NSW Office of the Hawkesbury Nepean
- June 2009 - December 2011 (2 years 6 months)
- Overall program management of the award-winning $77.4 million Hawkesbury-Nepean River Recovery Program which comprised seven projects aimed at improving the health of the iconic Hawkesbury Nepean River system. Program achieved significant river health and community outcomes and was delivered on time and under budget, and resulted in the NSW Government Office of the Hawkesbury-Nepean winning the 2012 Savewater Government Award.
- Environmental Consultant
- Bruce Boyes consulting (1 ~ 49)
- July 2008 - June 2009 (11 months)
- Natural resource management (NRM) and environmental consulting. Projects included management of forums, conferences, workshops and communications for Australian Network for Plant Conservation (ANPC), conduct of Knowledge Leaders Training for Australian River Restoration Centre (ARRC), initiation and coordination of adoption of new Investment Framework for Environmental Resources (INFFER) asset-based planning and investment process for Central West Catchment Management Authority (CMA), collation of material and writing of final report for Land & Water Australia Knowledge for Regional NRM Program, and revision and editing of Helidon Hills Fire Management Strategy for Helidon Hills and Murphy's Creek Landcare Group.
- Team Leader, Knowledge for Regional NRM Program
- Land & Water Australia (50 ~ 99)
- September 2006 - June 2008 (1 year 9 months)
- Led the development and implementation of a Regional Knowledge Strategy process for the 56 regional natural resource management (NRM) organisations throughout Australia. This work included the development of the Information and Knowledge Resource Kit wiki website www.ikrk.arrc.com.au and the development and conduct of a Knowledge Leaders training program. The Land & Water Australia Knowledge for Regional NRM Program won a Platinum Award in the 2008 actKM Forum Knowledge Management Awards.
- Project Officer, Shoalhaven Environmental Flows
- NSW Department of Natural Resources
- September 2005 - September 2006 (1 year)
- Coordinated Scientific Advisory Panel advice to compile, edit and publish the two major project reports 'Determining and managing environmental flows for the Shoalhaven River, Report 1 - Environmental Flows Knowledge Review' and 'Report 2 - Environmental Flows Investigations'. Also coordinated the estuary investigation component of the project, including preparation of the discussion paper 'Environmental water requirements for the Shoalhaven River estuary'.
- Project Officer, Education about and for Sustainability in Australian Business Schools
- Macquarie University (1000 ~ 4999)
- March 2005 - September 2005 (6 months)
- Established and coordinated action research studies aimed at strengthening education about and for sustainability in the curricula of five of Australia’s leading Business Schools. The action research studies resulted in the Business Schools investigating and adopting international best practice.
- Regional NRM Facilitator
- Sydney Metropolitan Catchment Management Authority (CMA)
- March 2004 - March 2005 (1 year)
- Facilitated regional natural resource management (NRM) activities for the CMA, including establishing and coordinating the Australian Urban NRM Network to enable exchange of natural resource management information with other urban regions throughout Australia, and assisting the coordination of environmental zone planning for the Sydney Metropolitan Strategy. Responsibilities included communicating government policies and programs to stakeholders, providing feedback to government on the effectiveness of policies and programs, providing advice to the CMA on best-practice community engagement, and assisting stakeholders to access government funding.
- Other past projects, positions and achievements
- Other previous employers (50 ~ 99)
- January 1982 - March 2004 (22 years 2 months)
- For my other past projects, positions and achievements please see my online resume http://resume.bruceboyes.info/
- University of Newcastle (Australia)
- Environmental Management Master's
- 2012 year - 2013 year
- Footscray Institute of TAFE
- Electronics Bachelor's
- 1982 year - 1987 year
- Skills : Project and program management, community engagement and development, communications, environmental science and management, organisation and event management, and information and knowledge management. For further information please see http://bruceboyes.info/about/
- Interests :A love for and great interest in China - see http://discoverchina.info/
- Blog URL:http://bruceboyes.info/